Corbett National Park has captured the imagination of many with its diverse wildlife and breathtaking landscapes. The natural uniqueness of the area was recognised long ago and so in 1936 Corbett attained the distinction as the first national park to be established in mainland Asia. Corbett National Park lies in two districts - Nainital and Pauri - in the hill state of Uttarakhand in northern India. It covers an area of 521 sq. km and together with the neighbouring Sonanadi Wildlife Sanctuary and Reserve Forest areas, forms the Corbett Tiger Reserve over 1288 sq. km.
Dhikala is largest and most beautiful safari range of Corbett Tiger Reserve. At Dhikala Sal forests, mixed forest, vast grasslands and Ramganga River have contributed greatly in developing best habitat to support variety of wildlife. Dhikala offers sighting of variety of mammals and birds including many rare or endangered species. Major attraction of the Dhikala is royal Bengal tiger and Asiatic elephants but some of the animals commonly sighted in the dhikala are Spotted deer, Sambar deer, Hog deer, barking deer, common langur, rehusus macaque, wild boar, crocodiles, yellow throated martins, gharials, mahasheer and pythons and snakes. If one is lucky one can also get to see nocturnal creatures like leopard, slot bear, porcupines, and pangolins. Dhikala is also a paradise for birds and one can get to see more than 500 species of birds. More than 300 species of birds are permanent resident of the area. Dhikala is highly popular in terms of providing shelter to some of the highly endangered species like hog deers, gharials, otters and golden mahasheer.
Dhikala again tops the chart when it comes for the opportunity to stay inside Jim Corbett National Park.
Nearest Main Airport & Railway station: Delhi / 240kms
Temperature: Summer Season – 35 to 40 degree C
Day 01 - Train Journey Delhi to Ram Nagar.
Report our Tour Leader at Old Delhi Junction at 8.00PM. Depart from Delhi to Ram Nagar by Railway (25013) at 9.10PM.
Day 02 -Transfers to Dhikala Zone. Morning and Afternoon Jungle Safaris.
Arrival at Ramnagar Station at 04.50 AM. Freshen up and at around 6 am, proceed for Dhikala Zone with packed breakfast. Enter Dhikala zone via Dhangari gate of Corbett national park. Reach Forest Rest House (FRH) passing through the dense Sal forests and grasslands inhabiting wide range of wildlife at Corbett National Park. Enjoy morning jeep safari. Back to FRH after safari. Lunch at rest house. In the afternoon go for another jeep safari around Dhikala zone of Corbett National Park. Dinner and overnight stay at rest house.
Day 03 & 04 - Morning and Afternoon Jungle Safaris.
Experience the forest, learn about flora and fauna as you get to have some great sightings of mammals and birds on your morning and afternoon safaris. After breakfast, one can enjoy the beautiful view of jungle from Watch tower. Interactive session with naturalist after evening safari, followed by dinner.
Day 05 - Morning and Afternoon Jungle Safaris. Transfer to Ram Nagar.
Explore the different aspect of nature at Corbett Dhikala, get closer to wildlife, learn to identify and understand more about the birds with unique information from our experts. Avail the opportunity to capture as many photos and a lot of amazing moments. After afternoon safari, move out of jungle via Dhangari gate. On the way visit crocodile point and high bank. Check in Jungle Resort near Ramnagar. Dinner and board the train for Delhi (25014) at 10.00PM.
Day 06 - Board the Flight / Train for Home town.
Arrival Old Delhi Junction at 4.00AM. Program Ends. Proceed to board the Flight / Train for Home Town.
- Rs.30,000/- per person in triple sharing rooms (Max 6 pax per jeep)
- Rs.34,000/- per person in double sharing rooms (Max 4 pax per jeep)
- Delhi – Ram Nagar – Delhi by railway 3tier AC class.
- Surface transport (Ramnagar – Resort/FRH - Ramnagar) by private vehicle.
- Accommodation at (Inside the forest) Forest Rest House Non AC room on triple sharing basis
- 8 Jungle Safaris at Jim Corbett Tiger Reserve (Dhikala Zone).
- Forest entry, Guide charges.
- Tour leader and Expertise
- All meals, breakfast, tea/coffee Ex. Ramnagar
Charges do not include
- Any Flight/Train fare
- Any food/drinks during train/flights travel
- Any optional safaris other than mentioned in the itinerary (If Any)
- Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any drinks (hard/soft/mineral water) during the tour
- Video/Camera charges (if applicable)
- Any tipping/gratuities to hotels, staff, guides, drivers, etc.
- Any Insurance/medical/emergency evacuation charges
- Any personal expenses/phone bill/laundry etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the ‘Charges include’ above
Terms and Conditions :
Participants are requested to go through all the Terms and Conditions before booking the tour. Once you have booked the tour, it is taken for granted that you have read and understood the Rules and Regulations laid down by the company.
- Pristine Safaris is a division of PRISTINE HOLIDAYS LLP.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, online transfers and Demand Draft, Drawn / Payable in Pune on account of "PRISTINE HOLIDAYS LLP".
- Booking for all camps / tours will be done on first come first served basis.
- Pristine Safaris reserve all rights to change the venue / dates / schedule / cost or cancel the tour/camp.
- On Tour/Camp:
- During the tour/camp, the participants shall abide by the instructions and decisions of the Tour Leader/Authorized representative of Pristine Safaris.
- At Hotel/Resort:
- Allotment of rooms / tents will be as per the camp / tour leader`s decision and will also depend upon the check-in and check-out time of the property.
- In most hotels/resorts, extra bed provided constitutes the mattress with bed-sheet, blanket and pillows.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Request for cancellation and refund should be made in written, duly signed by the camper / guardian. Verbal / email communication is not acceptable.
- Refund will be paid by cheque and not in cash within 30 days of tour/camp conclusion.
- Whatever the reason, substitution of one camper with another is not permitted.
- For cancellation of air tickets, railway tickets, forest entry, hotel bookings rules/policy of the company will apply.
- Cancellation Charges:
Cancellation charges will be applicable as follows and will cover all situations such as injuries, sickness, exams, interviews, selection in tournaments etc.
- More than 30 days prior to departure - 25% of the total tour cost
- Between 30 to 16 days prior to departure - 50% of the total tour cost
- Between 15 to 8 days prior to departure - 75% of the total tour cost
- Less than 7 days prior to departure - 100% of the total tour cost
- The tour organization/company in no circumstances is liable for:
- Any death, personal injury, sickness, accident, loss, delay, discomfort, increased expenses, consequential loss or damage or theft. Temporary or Permanent loss or damage to baggage or personal effects however caused. The organization reserves the right to claim any additional amount of expenses due to delay in train, bus, air or any other weather conditions, strike, war, quarantine or any other cause. All the losses or expenses will have to be borne by the passenger / participants / company.
- If, after commencement of programme, the tour is to be cut short for any natural calamities/riot/strike/political issues or other reason or if the programme is to be curtailed before the due period and the company is compelled to bring the participants back to starting destination, the participants shall not be entitled to any refund of the charges for the tour.
- In the case of hike in rates like diesel/petrol/railway/flight/forest entry/Govt. Tax, there can be a corresponding increase in the tour cost and the difference will be borne by participants.